Ridge Baseball Club Buddy Ball Division has opened registration for Bubby Ball! A program that has been part of RBC for over a decade that provides an opportunity to play baseball for all for special needs children.
Formerly called Basking Ridge Little League Challenger Division, the program provides special needs children, ages 5 through 21, with the opportunity to enjoy and participate in sports, with the emphasis on emotional development and fun through baseball.
Buddy Ball baseball features buddieswho help by assisting the players when needed.
More than 30,000 players nationwide participate in a Buddy Ball-type league. The fundamental goal is to give everyone a chance to play, regardless of limitation.
Registration for the Buddy Ball Division spring season is now open and will continue through June. Registration can be completed through this onlin registration form.
The 2023 Buddy Ball Schedule is:
All games on Sundays at 1:00 pm at the Ridge Baseball Club Complex on Valley Road.
Along with players we need VOLUNTEERS to participate!
If you have never volunteered before here are some of the details:
- We play our games on Sundays at 1:00 PM, no weekday games.
- The games last about an hour, 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm
- We play a 2-inning game with all the players getting to hit each inning and play the field.
- Your responsibility will be to be there for the game. You will be assigned to one of the players.You will help them play the field, directing them where to throw the ball, run the bases and making sure no one gets hurt.
- You don't have to make a commitment to attend all the games, just try to attend as many as possible.
- We try to match up the players with the same volunteers each week to make them feel more comfortable. But if it's not a good match we can always switch volunteers with new players