Ridge Baseball Club Managers and Coaches Code of Conduct
Each manager and coach will ensure that his/her coaching conduct is that of an adult, with the best interests of every ball player and Ridge Baseball Club. To satisfactorily meet these responsibilities, each manager and coach is expected to:
1. Know the rules and abide by them.
2. Instruct team members on the rules and coach his/her team in such a way as to motivate each player to compete according to the rules at all times.
3. Ensure the health and safety of all players, including by adhering to all pitch count rules, and in the absence of rules, act in the best interest of player heath and longevity regardless of the situation.
4. Act at all times to protect the principles of fun, safety and development of all athletes.
5. Respect the umpires and refrain from questioning their decisions in a disrespectful or abusive manner.
6. Ensure that the players and spectators follow game and practice facility rules and regulations.
7. Ensure that fans of his team conduct themselves with sportsmanship and maturity at all times while in attendance at game/practice sites; assist the umpires in maintaining control of spectators during the games.
8. Respect the manager, coaches and players of the opposing team both during the play of the game and at its conclusion, win or lose.
9. Teach each player, especially through personal example, to be humble and generous in victory and proud and courteous in defeat.
10. Maintain control of his/her emotions and avoid actions, language, and/or gestures that may be interpreted as hostile and humiliating. Use of foul or abusive language in the vicinity of players is not permitted.
11. Refrain from the use of alcoholic beverages, tobacco products or other illegal substances at games, practices and all other RBC team events.
12. Instruct team support personnel (e.g., assistant coaches, scorekeepers, team parents) in their responsibilities in accordance with established rules.
13. Realize, accept, and practice the principal that a team’s reputation is built not only on its playing ability, but also on its sportsmanship, courtesy, and manner.
I agree to abide by this Coach and Manager Code of Conduct of Ridge Baseball Club and understand that any violation of these rules may result in disciplinary action against me at the sole discretion of the President of Ridge Baseball Club, in consultation with the Ridge Baseball Club Board of Directors.